Need to create a social media strategy but don’t know where to start?
Every action you take on your social networks should be a part of an overall communications and marketing strategy for your business or organisation. It may sound daunting, but every post, like and comment you make should be aligned with your organisational values and goals. By taking the time to create and implement a social media strategy you will find that your social efforts and skills will start to blossom naturally.
What is a social media strategy?
Quite simply, it is a summary and action plan for everything you plan to do and hope to accomplish for your business or organisation using social networks. It follows three main stages:
1. An audit of your social media presence to establish your starting point
2. Goal setting for how you would like it to look in the future
3. Selecting the resources and tools you will need to reach those goals
What you will learn
During the workshop I will take you through the whole process of creating a social media strategy. You will learn how to:
• Conduct a social media audit
• Create your social media goals & objectives
• Create & improve your social profile
• Get inspiration from industry leaders, peers, competitors, clients, etc
• Create a content plan and editorial calendar
• Experiment, track, reflect and adjust your plan
Who should attend?
- SME business owners
- Nonprofits & NGOs
- Marketers & PR practitioners
- Creative professionals
- Anyone wishing to start their own business
- Employees who have to manage social media channels
Pre-Course homework and post-course support
- Before coming to the workshop, you will be invited to complete a set of tasks to make the most out of the training.
- Following the workshop you will have access to our trainer for a 45min consultation either in person at Impact Hub or over Skype. You can use this to review your progress, set some goals or get further clarity on specific areas of your social media efforts.
Your trainer & coach: Kathleen Holmlund
Kathleen has worked in the communications field across various corporate and nonprofit sectors for over 18 years. These include consumer electronics, automotive electronics, human rights, climate, business ethics, health and food. She has been developing and executing social media plans for over 10 years and loves being kept on her toes with this fast moving industry. She joined Impact Hub Geneva as a collaborator in Spring 2015, and has since focused her efforts on working with social entrepreneurs, startups and nonprofits who are purpose-driven in making a positive impact in our world. Check out her LinkedIn profile for more information.